Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ipswich and Southend Update 13/02/2008

Coach Onski doesnt have much passion for the game of Soccer, or Football for you people that believe it is the real Football code. But he does follow two team in the English Leagues.

The first team is Ipwsich Town in the Championship League. Also the Southend Shrimpers get my interest in the League One. Both teams are making a claim for promotion as the seasons continue.

Ipswich are currently sitting in 6th positon which will give them a chance at making the playoffs for a chance to go up to the Premier League. Just today they had a good 1-0 win against Crystal Palace. Danny Hayes incidently headed the ball into the net on the stroke of halftime to give Ipwsich a 1-0 lead that they managed to keep for the remainder ofthe match.

Southend on the other hand didnt do themselves any favours with a loss to the lowley ranked Millwall. The Shrimpers started the game well with a 25 yarder from Nick Bailey in the 9th minute. But Milwall sturck back in the 41st with Gary Alexander heading home a corner. Dave Martin sealed the win in the 54th minute for Millwall with a free kick after Southend player Peter Clarke handled the ball. Millwall pulled themselves out of the relegation section of the table while Southend now sit in 9th, 4 points from the Promotion Zone.

Stay tuned for more results throughout the season.

Coach Onski

PS Leeds drew 1-1 with Nottingham Forest, just for you MH.

This article was written 13/02/2008.

1 comment:

John said...

Hi Onski,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'll be sure to drop by here more often. From what I see I guess you must be from Australia. (incase I'm wrong please do correct me here.)

Anyway I'm very impress with what you're doing as well. Perhaps I would like to know more news or info on the AFL.

Though there are no Argentine players in the NFL and AFL, I'm looking forward to know more about these two great events.

I've also followed the NBL on the internet and I do find interesting about Aussie basketball.

So long now. Hope to hear more from you.